Marriage Licenses

New Hampshire residents must file an Intention of Marriage with a Town Clerk located in the state in which the marriage is going to take place. A fee is charged for the license, with an additional fee for the couple’s certified copy. The license is valid for 90 days from the date of the filing. Driver’s licenses or birth certificates and final divorce or death certificates must be presented at the time of filing.