The mission of the Enfield Public Library is to provide superior public library service to the people of Enfield using print, non-print, and electronic resources as appropriate.
The Library/Memorial building was built in 1900 for the purpose of
providing a permanent location for the Enfield Public Library. When the
building was dedicated in the spring of 1901, accommodation had been
made for the Selectmen's Office, fraternal organization rooms, kitchen
with dining space, and a third floor auditorium called Whitney Hall.