The Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission’s draft Regional Plan has been posted for public review and comment, culminating three years of diligent work by our staff and the largest public outreach process ever undertaken by the UVLSRPC.
The Plan has been posted online at [Link] http://regionalplan.uvlsrpc.org/ and sent to the Selectboards/Councils, Planning Boards, and Libraries in each of the region's 27 communities. The plan has ten chapters, which each serve as standalone documents:
• Chapter 1- Telling the Story (Introduction and Regional Vision)
• Chapter 2- Housing Needs and Fair Housing Equity Assessment
• Chapter 3- Transportation
• Chapter 4- Economic Development
• Chapter 5- Natural Resources
• Chapter 6- Historic and Cultural Resources
• Chapter 7- Utilities, Infrastructure and Public Services
• Chapter 8- Energy Efficient Construction and Green Building
• Chapter 9- Hazards and Adaptation
• Chapter 10- Implementation
Comments on the Plan will be due to the UVLSRPC by 4:00 PM on Monday, February 16, 2015. A Public Hearing on the Plan is scheduled for Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 6:00 PM at the Grantham Town Office (300 NH Route 10 South, Grantham, NH 03753).
It is a monumental effort to draft a Regional Plan, and I would like to thank the UVLSRPC staff for all of their hard work. I would also like to thank the members of our Regional Plan Advisory Committee for their time and assistance working with our staff to guide the development of the Plan over the past three years, specifically:
• William Trought (Town of Dorchester)
• Dan Kiley (Town of Enfield)
• Steve Schneider (Town of Enfield)
• Joanna Whitcomb (Town of Hanover)
• Ken Morley (Grafton County)
• Dan Brand (Town of Lyme)
• Jeff Kessler (Town of Newport)
• Aaron Simpson (Town of Sunapee)
• Nancy Merrill (City of Claremont)
• Shawn Donovan (City of Lebanon)
• Tom Rock (City of Claremont)
• Jonathan Edwards (Town of Hanover)
• Bob Crane (Town of New London)
• Nancy Rollins (Town of New London)
I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and I wish you all a happy and healthy 2015!
Nathan Miller, AICP
Look for us on Facebook for updates on our activities!