Joining the Squad
The following prerequisites must be met before an application for membership may be submitted for consideration. The applicant must:
- be a resident of Enfield, NH;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have a current National Registry of EMTs certification to one ofthe following levels First Responder, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P;
- have a current CPR certificate - AHA Healthcare Provider level minimum or equivalent certification from another recognized organization (e.g. American Red Cross); and
- have a valid NH drivers license.
The following are the steps that must be completed (in the order given) when applying to become a member of the Enfield Ambulance Squad. Steps 1, 2 and 4 are the responsibility of the applicant. The remaining steps are the responsibility of the squad's officers. There is no cost to the applicant for any part of the application procedure.
- Make contact with a squad member and request a new member application packet. This packet will include:
- Submit the completed application with copies of the following to a member of the squad:
- current NH drivers license (required)
- current CPR card - AHA Healthcare Provider or equivalent from another organization (required)
- current National Registry EMT card (required)
- current NH Provider's License (if available)
- record of HBV vaccination (if available) or signed waiver of HBV vaccination
- record of last tuberculosis tine test (if available)
- record of vaccination for MMR (if available)
[Please note that the application is not considered complete and will not be submitted to the membership for consideration until copies of all of the required documentation are provided].
- The completed application packet will be presented to the squad membership for consideration at the next business meeting (1st Wednesday of each month).
- Obtain the state forms for a drivers record and criminal background check. Fill out the top portion of each form. Have the forms notorized. This can be done at no charge at the town offices. Returned the notorized forms to the squad's Treasurer.
- The Treasurer will request a report of the applicant's driving record from the NH Motor Vehicle Department and a report on a criminal background check from the NH Department of Safety using the forms supplied by the applicant.
- The application will be voted on by the membership at the next business meeting after all of the background checks have been completed.
- The applicant will be notified of the results of the vote by a squad officer.
Town of Enfield, NH
23 Main Street, Enfield, NH 03748